I'm suffering from a bad migraine and sensitivity to light. What should I do?

I'm 25 I have had migraines before have a prescription for sumatriptan
Thanks for your question. Migraines can be very painful and are quite debilitating for a high percentage of people who suffer from them. Fortunately, there are medications available that can help greatly, so I recommend that you speak with your doctor. You have already received a prescription for one of the better medications to help control the symptoms of migraines. While we don't understand everything about how migraines come on or why they are so severe for so many people, we do know that there are some medications that can help. Sumatriptan is one of these. Your doctor will often give instructions about how and when he or she would like you to take this medication. In many cases, your doctor may advise you to take something simple and available over the counter at the first sign of a migraine (many people can tell when a migraine is about to begin, which is sometimes referred to as an aura in certain situations). Ibuprofen is one commonly recommended medication, but you should check with your doctor before beginning any new medication. Once a migraine has started, other medications including some that also work as anti nausea medications can be effective as well. Please speak with your doctor about this question.

Nearby Neurologists