I have blisters around my anus that look like canker sores, what could be the cause?

I have a severe uti and have been on antibiotics
The blisters that you have around your anus could be any number of things. The only way to find out what they are is to have a physician examine them. One possibility is genital herpes. Herpes causes blisters in the genital area that often are painful and have a burning sensation. One might say that they kind of look like canker sores. If you have recently been sexually active, especially with the new partner, then this is a possibility. I don't think that there would be an association between these blisters in a UTI. I suggest that you that you schedule an appointment with your primary care physician. If you or she thinks that it might be genital herpes, then your doctor will do one of several things. First, you might get blood tests to see if you have been exposed to one of the strains of herpes simplex virus which can be supportive data if your doctor suspects that is what is the cause. Another option is if there are active blisters your doctor might be with a sample them and send them off for a smear or for culture to get a more definitive diagnosis. If it does end up being herpes, then you can get a prescription for one of the preventative medications.

• Dr. Pamela Amador
    Dr. Pamela Amador MD
    85 Grand Canal Dr
    Miami, FL 33144
  • Dr. Michael Hamrock
    Dr. Michael Hamrock MD
    822 Boylston Street
    Chestnut Hill, MA 02467
  • Dr. Robin Snead
    Dr. Robin Snead MD
    20303 Crawford Ave
    Olympia Fields, IL 60461