Could I have kidney problems?

Lately I have been feeling sick, started with swelling of my ankles, then cramps with a burning sensation on my legs, severe dry mouth with a metal taste, lack of urine, lower back pain, always cold, and now I feel like my throat is closing up
Kidney problems could certainly be contributing to the symptoms that you describe, but they are not the only possible explanation. It is important to discuss this with your doctor. The most likely thing to be causing your symptoms will depend on a number of factors, including your past medical history, the medications and drugs that you may be using now, other symptoms that you may be having, and any clues that your doctor would be able to gather from a physical exam. Swelling in your ankles can be a sign of poor renal function, but it can also be a sign of a problem with your heart, or even something as simple as increased salt intake. The cramps that you are experiencing could certainly be due to an electrolyte imbalance which could possibly be due to kidney problems, but fatigue from exertion and even problems with your muscles or even posture could be contributing. The changes in taste and in the amount of urine that you are making also could be signs of kidney problems, or simply problems with dehydration. With regards to your throat, there are myriad possibilities for this as well. Some of them may be emergencies. Please discuss this question and your symptoms with your doctor.