Make an appointment:
(i.e. Dermatologists)

I have a throat problem, what could it be?

hello respected doctors .i have a throat problem .my tonsils are having cuts and middle area reddish. they do not pain but are not getting cured .i went to throat specialist he said it is conjested throat and gave me amoxillin i ate that for 10 days with gargle but nothing cured then i had azithromicin and after that amoxiclav but still no cure. i am worried it may turn into mouth cancer please tell me treatment .when i exhale deeply pressing my throat from inside a little salty smell comes . i never had problem eating or drinking anything no pain but i want to cure those cuts kindly help.
Thank you for your question. I am not sure exactly what you seem to be describing, but it seems that it is more that you are seeing when you look at your tonsils rather than something that you are feeling or having symptoms from. Is that correct? If so, then it is hard for me to picture what you are describing, and following up with your doctor will be best. The most common sort of cuts or pits in the tonsils are something called tonsillar crypts. These are deep holes that some have in their tonsils that are the sites of some different immune cells that are involved in some of the immune defenses that the tonsils help our body with. Sometimes these crypts can become impacted with food or other debris, and sometimes they can lead to subsequent infections. When food or debris gets stuck in there, it can form tonsil stones called tonsilliths that can lead to foul breath. Speaking with your doctor about your continued concerns can help you to know if there is an increased risk for subsequent problems in your case. Please speak with your doctor about your question, probably an ear nose and throat surgeon.
This answer is for general informational purposes only and is not a substitute for professional medical advice.
If you think you may have a medical emergency, call your doctor or (in the United States) 911 immediately. Always seek the advice of your doctor before starting or changing treatment. Medical professionals who provide responses to health-related questions are intended third party beneficiaries with certain rights under Zocdoc’s Terms of Service.

Other Ear, Nose & Throat Doctors

  • Dr. Jonathan Berman
    Dr. Jonathan Berman MD, FACS
    Ear, Nose & Throat Doctor
    Avg Rec:
    670 Glades Road
    Boca Raton, FL 33431
  • Dr. Daniel Leeman
    Dr. Daniel Leeman MD
    Ear, Nose & Throat Doctor
    Avg Rec:
    3607 Manor Road
    Austin, TX 78723
  • Dr. Adrian Varela
    Dr. Adrian Varela MD
    Ear, Nose & Throat Doctor
    Avg Rec:
    10330 SE 32nd Ave
    Milwaukie, OR 97222