Zocdoc Answers

Medical questions & health advice by licensed doctors

"I have a bruise that will not heal, what can I do about it?"


I am a 34 year old female. I have a history with high kidney and liver levels. I have been noticing bruising on my left size almost as if someone grabbed me. They do not go away and are a deep purple to an almost healing yellow bug never go away . One bruise has just now popped up with a bump ghat feels like an enlarged vein. I can't afford to "just go to the doctor" I need to know what to ask them to check for so I can cut as much cost as possible for testing.


Thanks for your question, and sorry to hear about your problem. Unfortunately, you do need to go to the doctor. Most importantly, you need to know why your "kidney and liver levels" are high, and what that means you should be doing to be more healthy.

See a doctor who can help

Find a Hematologists near you

In the context of having problems with your liver, bruising that does not seem to resolve makes me concerned about your ability to clot and how thin your blood may be. Your liver specifically is involved in making some of these clotting factors and some of the other elements that help to keep your blood from becoming so thin that you bleed too easily. Other signs that this might be happening include easy bleeding when you brush your teeth, excessively long or heavy periods, etc. These things can be life threatening if left untreated, and so you need to understand how or what is happening. As for your kidneys, they are responsible for filtering your blood as well, and if they do not work right it can sometimes be hard for your platelets to work as well--which also means you may bleed easily. Your symptoms can be indicative of something very serious. Please speak with your doctor about them immediately.

Zocdoc Answers is for general informational purposes only and is not a substitute for professional medical advice. If you think you may have a medical emergency, call your doctor (in the United States) 911 immediately. Always seek the advice of your doctor before starting or changing treatment. Medical professionals who provide responses to health-related questions are intended third party beneficiaries with certain rights under Zocdoc’s Terms of Service.