ZocdocAnswersI feel dizzy, with a light headache and cannot walk straight, what is wrong with me?

Question

I feel dizzy, with a light headache and cannot walk straight, what is wrong with me?

feel dizzy cannot walk stright with light headach when first awake in am usual pass. this is about a week old comes back later on after i eat in the eve.

Answer

There are many different causes of a headache, and I recommend you speak with your doctor. The most common types of headache for most people are migraine headaches. These are often familial, meaning that if someone in your family has a history of migraine headaches, you are more likely to have them yourself. While we are not sure exactly what causes migraine headaches, we know how to describe and diagnose them, and usually there are excellent therapies to treat them. Migraines are usually noted by the symptoms of photophobia, or sensitivity to light, incapacitating pain (which often leaves people unable to do anything but rest in a dark room), and nausea or vomiting. If all three of these symptoms are present, there is a high likelihood that your headache is a migraine, although it is not 100%. Many people with migraines can also have an aura, which is another symptom that can precede the headache, and sometimes let you know it is coming. Dizziness can be associated with migraines as well, and so it should also be discussed with your doctor. There are other causes of dizziness and headache as well, some of which can be very serious. Please speak with your doctor about this question.