How do I get rid of my black heads?

I'm 15 and have black heads all over my nose it's embarrassing and annoying and I always try to hide them
The best thing to do is to discuss this issue with your dermatologist or primary care doctor. Black heads are at type of acne we call open comedones. This type of acne is very common in teenagers around your age. The first-line treatment for this type of acne is an over-the-counter medication called benzoyl peroxide. They can be purchased in the form of a cream at most local drug stores. The benzoyl peroxide acts to open up your pores and kill some of the bacteria that can result in these types of pimples. In the majority of cases, this type of treatment is enough to control the acne. When it is not, then additional treatments might be needed. Additional treatments for acne might include topical or oral antibiotics. Topical retinoic acid creams can also be used. However, if you've gotten this far then it might be a good idea for you to schedule an appointment with the dermatologist. A dermatologist would be able to prescribe for you these kinds of medications and additionally consider more aggressive treatments for acne if your condition is not improving. The last line treatment for acne is a medication called Accutane. Accutane is very effective at treating acne but does have some significant side effects. Thus it is only used in the most severe cases. At your stage, you're unlikely to need most of these more advanced medications. Again, please discuss this issue with either your primary care doctor or dermatologist and they could both point you in the right direction.

Nearby Dermatologists