What is causing my knee pain?

My knees hurt like needles in them when I kneel down on them why?
That is an excellent question and one that might be best answered by your primary care doctor or other medical professional. It is difficult to answer your question specifically to your clinical case because it is unclear from the history what your age, gender, or medical comorbidities are. If you are advanced in age, it may be normal wear and tear on your knees over the course of your life, which is also known as arthritis. If you are younger or have recently sustained some injury to your knees, then there is a possibility that you have injured on of the ligaments which hold your knee together. Your doctor can perform some tests to see whether any of these ligaments are damaged and there are also imaging studies that can be performed if there is a concern for this. In the meanwhile, you can symptomatically treat your pain with rest, ice, NSAIDs, compression and elevation and see whether that helps with some of your pain. Although this may not be serious, it is important that you are evaluated by a medical professional to rule out any serious injuries. If this is the case. the sooner this is found out the better so treatment can be performed.

Other Sports Medicine Specialists