Zocdoc Answers

Medical questions & health advice by board certified doctors

"What should I do about a cut I have in my vagina hole? "

ZocdocAnswersWhat should I do about a cut I have in my vagina hole?


I recently Just Lost My Virginitg and after sex I saw Blood . Once i checked Myself i saw a Little Cut that Burns when i Pee . Tonight i had sex for the second time and Noticed the cut reopened . It hurts alot and Pain Last atleast 2 weeks


It is important to see your primary care doctor or gynecologist to discuss these symptoms and to have a complete physical examination. It is not uncommon to experience bleeding after intercourse for the first time. Trauma to the vaginal wall during intercourse can cause abrasions, or cuts, in the vaginal canal. This can be exacerbated by inadequate lubrication. However, there are other reasons for vaginal pain or lesions. Some women experience latex allergies, caused by latex in condoms. This can cause itching, redness, and swelling, and can be tested for by a doctor. While condoms help prevent the spread of sexually transmitted infections (STIs) condoms do not fully protect against STIs. It is possible your symptoms could be caused by an STI, such as HSV, the herpes simplex virus. This can cause visible lesions, which can look similar to blisters, both on the outside or inside of the vagina. There are a number of additional STIs which can be diagnosed by your doctor, and can cause vaginal discharge, odor, burning or pain. A physical exam and a few simple tests could examine for this possibility. It is recommended that women begin routine screening for the HPV virus at age 21, to help prevent cervical cancer. It is important to use a condom during intercourse to help prevent STIs, and to use adequate lubrication. Please see your primary doctor or gynecologist to discuss these symptoms and have the appropriate examination.

Zocdoc Answers is for general informational purposes only and is not a substitute for professional medical advice. If you think you may have a medical emergency, call your doctor (in the United States) 911 immediately. Always seek the advice of your doctor before starting or changing treatment. Medical professionals who provide responses to health-related questions are intended third party beneficiaries with certain rights under Zocdoc’s Terms of Service.