There's a soft swelling under my tongue. What is this?

It's about half an inch long from the left side up to the middle. There are a few white spots or dots on the left side of the swelling. It stings a bit if i stretch my tongue but only on the left side where the white dots are. What is this? Is this canker sore? blocked saliva duct? but it doesn't hurt in mealtimes and my mouth isn't dry too.
Thanks for your question. I recommend that you speak with your doctor. On the floor of your mouth there are two small bumps that are the place where saliva can leave from the submandibular gland, one of the spit glands in the floor of the mouth and just under the mandible. There are times when either the gland itself or the duct can become obstructed, sometimes with stones that can form, and these can then become tender and even get infected due to the decreased flow of saliva. Often, there is a fullness on the side of the cheek or just below the jaw if this is part of the reason for your symptoms. In the same fashion, minor salivary glands can also swell and become infected. Infections such as viruses can also cause local changes to the mucosa of the floor of the mouth, and stomatitis (sometimes called canker sores) are one of the most common examples of this. There are other things that are less common that could also explain the symptoms that you are having, but these will require even more information and an examination from your doctor. There are tumors that are more common in some groups of people as well. Again, please speak with your doctor about this question.