Why does my toe feel like its bruised?

I had ingrown toenail surgery back in august and now it feels like its bruised. Why is it like this?
I recommend that you discuss your concern with your doctor. After any surgery, it is common for the tissues to take some time to heal. While this will generally recover and lead to near normal function and sensation, there are exceptions to this. In some cases, nerve damage occurs either from the injury or from the surgery that can lead to abnormal sensations that can persist for some time. Nerves tend to grow back very slowly, and so it may take a couple of years to know fully what the final outcome of the sensation will be. Alternatively, there are occasions where the pain can persist due to a persistent problem that may not be fully diagnosed or treated. If this is the case, then you may need to speak further with your podiatrist or orthopedic surgeon about the sensation that you are feeling to determine if more needs to be done. After surgery, the tissues undergo a healing process that takes time. Some patients will have persistent paresthesias or hypesthesias and in some cases may need medications to help make them more tolerable. This will depend on the extent of your symptoms and how tolerable they are to you, as these medications may have their own side effects. Please speak with your doctor.