What can I do about daily runny nose?

I always have running nose and nasal congestion. But it will not be there when i play or run or walk.When is sit for other work or stand idle then it will come back again.Please tell me the reason and what medication i have to do get cure from this problem. I am facing this problem from more than 10 years. Presently i am 27 years old. this cold started when i was 14 years and gradually increased Waiting for your answer Thanks
I am sorry to hear that you have been dealing with rhinorrhea and nasal obstruction for many years (you mention it starting when you were 14 and now you are 27) and that it seems to be getting progressively worse. I am happy to give you some of my thoughts about what might be going on, but ultimately I am going to recommend that you make an appointment to be evaluated by an otolaryngologist, or ENT (Ear Nose Throat) physician to get evaluated. They will be able to take more of a medical history and examine you which I am unable to do. Nasal obstruction can be caused by many different issues. In very general terms obstruction can be broken down into fixed and dynamic causes. Fixed obstructions are rigid anatomic structures like a deviated septum, sinonasal bone abnormality, or mass of some sort. Also lumped into this category are often inflammatory conditions that can cause mucosal swelling and obstruct the nose. Dynamic collapse of the nose (such as collapse of the nasal valve, or lateral nasal wall with inspiration) will also give nasal obstructive symptoms, but with a very different treatment approach. When you are evaluated by an ENT, they will determine what is causing your nasal obstruction, and can give you their recommendations about how best to manage it (with either medication, or procedures). Best of luck.

Nearby Ear, Nose & Throat Doctors