My period started 5 days early. What do I do?

Last night before I went to bed there was brown blood now this morning there is clots now its gone and I'm only having lower abdomen cramps n lower back pain
Thanks for your question. Menstrual cycle irregularities are quite common, and can be a sign of other medical problems as well. It is important to discuss abnormal menstrual bleeding with your doctor to make sure that there is nothing more serious that is causing your problems. This is because the possible list of explanations is so long and involves many things that could be very serious. In addition to many benign explanations, there are some possible explanations that could be much more concerning. Your doctor will be able to help reassure you if that is appropriate. On the other hand, he or she will be able to complete a physical exam, ask some further questions, and determine what else needs to be done if there is anything that is concerning to him or her. Please speak with your doctor about this question to get the help you need. Your family practice doctor, your OB/GYN, or your midwife would all likely be able to help you, and would at least be able to get you started in the right direction if further steps are needed. Please speak with your doctor.