How do I lose weight?

I am female and 5'4" and weigh 132 lbs. I know this isn't fat but I would like to have a flatter stomach and weigh a little less like 120 would be nice. I currently am on a diet. I am vegetarian but I do eat fish. I don't do many milk products besides greek yogurt and cottage cheese. I eat alot of fruits and vegetables, nuts (especially almonds), beans, eggs. I drink water and an occasional hot chocolate. I excercize about three times a week. I don't know if im doing this right or there is a better way for me to loose weight and look good. I need results and I don't know what or who to trust out there! Thank you :)
I would suggest that you schedule an appointment with your primary care doctor. Generally speaking, weight loss at its core is very simple. In order to lose weight, you must burn more calories than you consume. This simple equation of intake versus output, is the only equation that has any relevance when it comes to weight loss. With that said, the most important thing that you can do to modify the equation is to alter your diet. A diet with lots of fruits and vegetables is more likely to contain less calories than that which contains a lot of red meat and carbohydrates. Your diet seems to be a pretty good start. Meat doesn't have to be completely left off the menu, because the high-protein meals do tend to make people feel full faster. This results in a reduction in calories consumed. This is not the case with carbohydrates that do not make us feel full as quickly. The other side of the equation is exercise. Exercise can increase the amount of calories that you burn and results in the burning of fat. The only people that I have ever met that have had great success with weight-loss are those that tried to modify both sides of the equation. Again, I would suggest that you schedule an appointment with your primary care doctor. You can ask for a referral to a nutritionist. This type of healthcare worker has the expertise to help you choose the foods that will hope you lose weight the fastest.

Other Endocrinologists