Can you take the diet pill Hydroxycut with the heart disease tetralogy of fallot?

I was born with the heart defect and wanted to use hydroxcut as part as my diet. Is this okay?
Tetralogy of Fallot is a congenital heart disease characterized by several anatomic abnormalities that result in blood bypassing the lungs and traveling to the rest of the body. Since the blood bypasses the lungs, its oxygen content is decreased, and patients commonly experience shortness of breath and exercise intolerance. Although the disorder is classically associated with four distinct anatomic abnormalities, patients can exhibit a variety of structural abnormalities along the same spectrum. It is important for you to consult with your cardiologist to determine which anatomic abnormalities you have. Previously, surgeons performed several staged surgeries to correct Tetralogy of Fallot. However, at present, these are more commonly performed as one large procedure in infancy. As a result of the surgical repair, patients very commonly develop atrial arrhythmias later in life. You should consult your cardiologist to determine if you suffer from these. Earlier forms of Hydroxycut were associated with liver toxicity with at least one report of death from liver failure, and the company that makes Hydroxycut was forced to remove these products from the market. The current formulation of hydroxycut contains a caffeine supplement. Caffeine can cause worsening of arrhythmias, and this may pose a danger to you. I strongly recommend that you discuss the specifics of your cardiovascular condition with your cardiologist to determine if Hydroxycut is safe.

Other Cardiologists