I have had a migraine for two days now, what could be causing it?

I have had a migraine for two days now and it hurts when i look to the sides and up and down. What should I do to stop the pain? I have taking ibuprofen, tried resting, closing my eyes, etc. What is causing my eyes to hurt?
The most important question here is what type of headache you are having, which is why it is important that you discuss this with a neurologist. While certainly migraine headaches are the most common type, there are many other types of headaches and they are often treated differently. Migraine headaches typically are on one side of the head and are throbbing in nature. People that get migraines often say that they feel better when they are in a dark room or away from noise. There are many different types of treatments for migraine headaches but they include acetaminophen, ibuprofen, other non steroidal anti-inflammatory drugs, and medications such as sumatriptan, metoclopromide, among others. I suggest that you schedule an appointment with a neurologist to find out what type of headache you are experiencing. If your headaches are frequent in nature, then there are options for preventing these headaches by taking a daily medication such as topiramate or amitriptyline. These medications only work if the type of headache is determined by a professional. If this is the first time you have ever had a headache, then your doctor might decide to obtain head imaging to rule out some other cause. The usual type of head imaging that is obtained for a new type of headache is a brain MRI. Good luck.

Other Neurologists