ZocdocAnswersDid I take too much medication?

Question

Did I take too much medication?

I have taken 10 mg Valium 50 mg hydroxyzine 15 mg mirtazapine. I was wondering if i overtook some of these

Answer

I suggest that you schedule an appointment with your primary care physician. Generally speaking, all of the above doses of the medications that you have listed here, are doses that are within the range the doctors prescribed. For those reasons, the doses of medicines that she took are probably not that concerning. However, not knowing any of your history it is possible that you took too much Valium. The hydroxyzine and the mirtazapine are less concerning. The hydroxyzine is an antihistamine medication that will likely make you drowsy at the dose of 50 mg. The mirtazapine is an antidepressant and appetite stimulant that is unlikely to do much to you at 15 mg. However, if you are completely naïve to Valium, then you could potentially experience some significant sedation. This would especially be true if you had a very low bodyweight. Thus, whenever you take this much of a medication and it's above the amount that you were prescribed you should always notify healthcare professional. Again, I suggest that you schedule an appointment with your primary care physician. The two of you can discuss what dosages of each medicine you were supposed to be on and when you're supposed to take them. Valium is usually taken as needed for anxiety. Hydroxyzine is used for itching and is usually also taken as needed. Mirtazipine is usually taken in the evenings because it will help people sleep and it is taken every day.