Why do I have white spots on my arms? Is it contagious?

My boyfriend and i both have it on our arms and when its cold his turn white in the cold. And they are pink when hes not cold. Mine are just white and its embarrassing for me please help me. Im too stubborn to see a doctor cause i have always been scared of doctor. I jydt want to know before i go i guess.
That is a great question and one that is best answered by your primary care doctor or a doctor specializing in diseases of the skin such as a dermatologist. There are a multitude of causes for the symptoms you are having and they range from normal things that may go away with time to more serious things that need doctor evaluation. Unfortunately, it is impossible to know from the limited history what is the cause of the symptoms you are having, but here are some things to think about and discuss with your doctor when you see him or her. Have you and your boyfriend always had these or is this something that has occurred for the both of your recently? This is important because if you have both had it, it is unlikely that this is contagious while if you both recently acquired it, then there is a higher likelihood of this. Also, do they itch or have any uncomfortable feeling associated with them as this is a sign of something potentially concerning that may require treatment. Finally, have these spots changed or increased in number over time as this is something that is concerning and should be evaluated by a doctor sooner rather than later.

• Dr. Ramin Samadi
    Dr. Ramin Samadi MD
    5900 Overton Ridge Blvd
    Fort Worth, TX 76132
  • Dr. Gladys Martinez
    Dr. Gladys Martinez DO
    1001 NW 13th Street
    Boca Raton, FL 33486
  • Dr. Paul Leitner
    Dr. Paul Leitner MD
    8540 South Sepulveda Blvd
    Los Angeles, CA 90045