ZocdocAnswersStrange headaches and vibrating sensation- is it something bad?

Question

Strange headaches and vibrating sensation- is it something bad?

Hello, recently I have been having strange aches along the back, left hand side of my head and along both sides of my head. These are usually accompanied by tenderness to the touch of my head, dizziness, an almost vibration feeling running through my body and sore temples. I do have type one diabetes (I am 23) and asthma. However, I manage both well and have not had any complications from either. Thank you.

Answer

Thanks for your question. Unfortunately, these symptoms evoke the need to ask many more questions in order to understand if there is a pattern to what you are describing. So it is important to speak with your doctor. Headaches are incredibly common, and often will be due to regular causes and not necessarily have anything to do with other medical issues. This is especially likely if you have a family history of headaches. Of all headaches, migraines is one of the most common. It is usually identified by the triad of incapacitating pain that often makes people want to avoid walking, talking, and anything else, photophobia, or light sensitivity, and nausea or vomiting. If a person has all of these symptoms, there is, statistically speaking, a high probability of migraines. Many people will also have something known as a prodrome or aura, which is often used to describe vague symptoms that can precede a headache and let a person know that a headache is coming. This may be some of what you are describing. There are obviously many other possible explanations for what you are describing. You will need to speak with your doctor to get the best answer and a diagnosis in your case. Please speak with your doctor about this.