Can ibuprofen cause birth defects?

i took 8 ibuprofens at the same time. iam 2-3 weeks pregnant . would my baby die or have birth defects?
I would suggest that you schedule an appointment with your OB/GYN so the two of you can discuss what medications are safe to take during pregnancy. Generally speaking, I should say that taking 8 ibuprofen at one time is never a good idea whether you are pregnant or not. Assuming these are the smallest 200 mg ibuprofen tablets, that means that you took 1600 mg of ibuprofen one time which is double the maximum recommended dose. The typical toxicities of ibuprofen include the risk for gastrointestinal bleeding, and (over a long period of time) kidney failure. Ibuprofen is not recommended during pregnancy, but this has more to do with its effect on the placenta specifically than the fetus. Ibuprofen is not listed as a drug that you absolutely cannot take during pregnancy, but certainly would not be recommended daily. In high doses, the drug can result in a miscarriage. At this point in your pregnancy, it is unlikely that significant damages have been done as long as you maintained the pregnancy. I would suggest that you schedule an appointment with your OB/GYN so the two of you can discuss what medications are safe to take during pregnancy. At 9 weeks, you will need to undergo a pelvic ultrasound for examination of the fetus. If everything looks good at that time, then there probably isn't much to worry about with regards to this dose of ibuprofen. Good luck.