I have yellow eyes and the doctor said it is just pigmentation. Is there something wrong with me or not?

the eyes look ugly and attracts everyone's attention -mbbs student
Yellow eyes could be due to a pigmentation problem or it could be due to jaundice, so it is important to speak with your primary care physician. In the first example, a pigmentation problem is really nothing to be worried about. Certainly some people find this problem to be annoying from a cosmetic point of view but it is not a significant medical problem. Jaundice is a condition where the compound bilirubin accumulates in the blood resulting in yellowing of the skin. Since the whites of your eyes are the lightest part of your body, they are usually the first place you notice the excess bilirubin. Jaundice is often an a sign of liver dysfunction. If you have a liver problem, then this yellowing of the eyes could certainly be a sign of progression of your disease. Another cause of jaundice is hemolysis. This is when red blood cells in your body break apart abnormally releasing their contents into the blood. The byproduct of metabolism of hemoglobin is bilirubin. I would suggest that you schedule an appointment with you primary care physician. The first step I would take would be to obtain a comprehensive metabolic panel to look for signs of liver problem. If these do not exist, then I might refer you to an ophthalmologist to see if there's anything that can be done from a cosmetic standpoint.