I have PID but I have never had an STD so how have I got it?

I had a virginal operation as I pulled out my hymen with a tappon and teared it out of my vagina I also have cysts on my overys could this of caused it ?
Many people assume that any pelvic infection must be a sign of a sexually transmitted infection, which is not always the case. I recommend that you speak with your doctor about this question. Any sort of urinary tract or vaginal infection can spread to involve the other parts of the female reproductive tract if not treated in an appropriate and timely fashion. It is true that STIs are common causes of PID, but it is not always the case. These infections can be quite serious, and require prompt medical attention to prevent scarring and other changes as your body tries to clear itself of the infection. Working closely with your doctor to prevent this sort of problem in the future and heal as quickly as possible will be important. It is unlikely that either having ruptured your hymen yourself or having cysts on your ovaries would explain your current symptoms (unless the first only happened recently or near the time of your current infection, in which case your doctor may be able to explain more). There are many other reasons that you could have this infection, and your doctor may have some tips about how to recover and prevent these. Again, please speak with your doctor about this question and your infection.