I have chronic diarrhea and I feel really dizzy. What's wrong?

Conditions: - Chronic Diarrhea (returning to the bathroom <5 mins) - Feeling really dizzy History: - Diagnosed with PTSD - Severe Anxiety - Father died at age of 48 due to Sudden Cardiac Death Things I've tried: - Drinking Water - Rolaids - Taking a bath (Helps me relax when I have anxiety)
I am sorry to hear about your symptoms, which sound quite debilitating. In order to determine the cause of your symptoms, you will need to see a physician to undergo a detailed review of your medical history as well as a physical exam. I recommend you schedule an appointment with a gastroenterologist. After a thorough, in-person evaluation, the doctor can discuss the likely cause of your symptoms as well as treatment options. There are many different causes of diarrhea. One potential cause is anxiety-related diarrhea, as you mentioned several stressful triggers associated with your diarrhea. Many people with irritable bowel syndrome can experience diarrhea as their main symptom. Inflammatory bowel disease can cause diarrhea that can be bloody or accompanied by mucus. Infections, either bacterial, viral, or parasitic can cause ongoing diarrhea. High fiber content in your diet or certain medications can cause diarrhea. Celiac disease often causes diarrhea. Rarely, certain tumors are associated with diarrhea. It is not possible to determine from your question the cause of your diarrhea, and I encourage you to discuss these possibilities with a gastroenterologist. Your dizziness suggests that your diarrhea is significant enough that you are becoming dehydrated, meaning that you may need to see someone sooner rather than later.

Other Gastroenterologists