Can stepping on blood cause any infection such as HIV or any dangerous disease that may kill you?

getting hiv or hep c from blood on floor? Can stepping on blood cause any infection such as HIV or any dangerous disease that may kill you?
I would suggest that you schedule an appointment with your primary care physician. In general, we do not consider exposure to blood as this dangerous as long as your skin is intact and you do not have any ulcers or cuts in the area. For example, if I was exposed to HIV-positive blood on my hand and wiped it away with soap and water right away, and my hand had no cuts or ulcers, I would not need to be tested for HIV or any other condition that is blood-borne. The question really depends on how healthy your foot is. If you look at the bottom your foot and you skin is intact, then then chance of infection is near zero. If you have one of these brakes in your skin, your chances of contracting HIV and hepatitis C are still quite low, but are possible. In these cases we generally recommend people get tested for these conditions sometime down the road. In the case of HIV, we always offer people prophylactic medication that they can take to prevent infection. I generally only recommend this to people who are exposed to blood that is known to be HIV-positive. To further discuss this issue, I would suggest that you schedule an appointment with your primary care physician. He or she can examine your feet and make sure that there are no openings in the skin that could result and transmission of infection. In addition, it might behoove you to find out if the blood you were exposed to is infected with any of the about viruses.