I have a mouth ulcer, should I be concerned?

I am a teenager, and i have had mouth ulcer in my mouth for two days. Durning school, I went to the restroom and i notice there was some white looking poop; it was kinda transparent, i thought it was toilet paper at first. But I am not sure. Im not sure if i should be concern. Should I go to make a doctor appointment? any suggestions you many have? Thanks.
Thank you for your question. There are many different things that can cause ulcers in the mouth and I recommend that you speak with your doctor. Many of these are common occurrences, such as trauma (from biting, burns, etc) or other things that damage the mucosa of the mouth. Other common causes of these ulcers include infections (such as herpes simplex or other viruses) and other interactions with the immune system. Then there are other things that can be very serious and require prompt medical attention to know if there are further steps that need to be taken to keep you healthy. The other detail about the potential for changes in your feces is also important to discuss with your doctor in some situations. One way to know if there are things that need to be discussed with your doctor includes the presence of other symptoms that may be affecting your overall quality of life and health. For example, if you have had significant weight loss, lumps in your neck, changes in your energy levels, or other concerns, then it could be that this ulcer is something more significant. Otherwise, it is possible that this is something simple that will resolve. To answer this question, please speak with your doctor.

• Dr. Robert H. Woods
    Dr. Robert H. Woods MD
    Ear, Nose & Throat Doctor
    9767 North 91st Street
    Scottsdale, AZ 85258
  • Dr. Patricia Gilroy
    Dr. Patricia Gilroy MD
    Ear, Nose & Throat Doctor
    2299 9th Ave N
    Saint Petersburg, FL 33713
  • Dr. Bradley Johnson
    Dr. Bradley Johnson DO
    Ear, Nose & Throat Doctor
    3366 Oakdale Ave N
    Robbinsdale, MN 55422