ZocdocAnswersI am having sharp mild pain in my lower left side of my stomach. What could be wrong?

Question

I am having sharp mild pain in my lower left side of my stomach. What could be wrong?

Im a female that has been having sharp mild pain in my lower left side of my stomach. Ive also been having creamy white dischage.

Answer

I recommend that you speak with your primary care doctor or your ob/gyn doctor. You have sharp pain in the left lower quadrant of your abdomen. You are female. You also have white discharge. Pain in that region could be related to your colon or your female organs such as ovaries and uterus. An infection in your colon could cause colitis which could explain the pain, though it is not as likely since you have have vaginal discharge. Diverticular disease such as diverticulitis could also explain your symptoms, though it is also less likely since you have other symptoms. Ovaries could have cysts that could rupture during menstrual cycles. It usually causes unilateral pain. Ovarian torsion where the ovary rotates could also cause pain. Endometriosis is when normal tissue in the uterus called endometrium is growing outside of the uterus, which could also cause pelvic pain. You mention that you have white discharge, which could be a sign of infection either yeast or a sexually transmitted infection (if you are sexually active). The etiology is broad since the female organs are involved. Again, you should make an appointment with your primary care doctor or your ob/gyn doctor to have your symptoms assessed in detail. They may perform a pelvic exam or use ultrasound to figure out the cause.