How do I heal my inflated/puffy lips which are a result of a cold sore?

I get cold sores once a year, but this year my whole bottom lip is puffy with it and it really hurts
Sorry to hear about your lips. I recommend that you speak with your doctor about your concern. Fortunately, there are some things that you can do to help with your problem. There are medications that can effectively reduce the pain of the virus and the sore, and many of these are available over the counter (OTC). There are also medications that are available over the counter that can help to reduce the time and significance of the outbreak. Docosanol (Abreva) is available over the counter and must be used several times a day from the first signs of the outbreak, but can be effective for some people. For others, prescriptions strength antivirals are available and can be applied topically or can be taken systemically. These can also help to reduce duration of symptoms, and thus decrease the infectious nature of the attack. On occasions, a cold sore will cause injury to the skin that allows other bacteria or infectious particles to attack and cause further problems. This is called a secondary infection, and often requires further treatment including antibiotics. Your doctor may be able to help determine if that is the case in your situation. Again, please speak with your doctor about your question, and thank you for asking.