ZocdocAnswersI feel pain in my right side after orgasm. What is wrong with me?

Question

I feel pain in my right side after orgasm. What is wrong with me?

Sharp pains during and right after orgasms on my lower right side

Answer

Thanks for this question. There could be a number of possible solutions, so I recommend that you speak with you OB/GYN. It depends on how long you have been having the pain. If it is something that started very recently, then acute concerns such as appendicitis or infections are a possibility. General infections tend to not be localized to one side of the body, and so the appendix could make some sense because it is just on your right side. If the pain is more localized than that, it could have something to do with musculoskeletal problems, such as a pulled back muscle or some other problem that needs to be worked on with anti-inflammatories and some physical therapy. If it is something more within your back, then it could have something to do with your cervix or uterus, and I am not clear why it is localized to just one side. Speaking with your doctor will be valuable, because he or she can do a physical exam that will provide valuable information to help you get better as soon as possible. This may be a sign of something serious that is going on and needs prompt attention. Again, please speak with your OB/GYN or family practice doctor.