Medical questions & health advice by board certified doctors

"Do I have erectile dysfunction? If so, what can I do to get rid of this problem?"

ZocdocAnswersDo I have erectile dysfunction? If so, what can I do to get rid of this problem?


i am 30 years old and haven't had sex till i got married this month. Though, i have watched a lot of romantic movies and couple of porn in which case i usually have a strong erection.but suddenly two days after my wedding, i discovered that i couldn't maintain my erection again, and in fact, i don't get aroused quickly and the erection is not full.please i need help


Erectile dysfunction is quite common and I recommend that you see your primary care physician about this problem. In your case, I am highly suspicious that your erectile dysfunction is psychological in origin. Those that can obtain a normal erection during other activities such as watching pornography or when they get an erection in the morning, this is evidence that you don't have anything organic wrong with your penis. I imagine that there is some anxiety given that you were just married two days ago and you have not had sex prior to your wedding. This is very common. This kind of erectile dysfunction usually will go away with time when you become more comfortable having relations with your wife. For some people such as yourself, a very very low dose of an erectile dysfunction medication such as Viagra might be helpful to get a full erection. It will make it easier for you to get an erection. You might only need to use it once or twice. While I often do recommend that men with erectile dysfunction see care from a urologist, in your case I think that you could probably see your primary care physician for this problem. This is because at your age it is highly unlikely that you have vascular disease that could account for your erectile dysfunction.

Need more info?

See an urologist today

Zocdoc Answers is for general informational purposes only and is not a substitute for professional medical advice. If you think you may have a medical emergency, call your doctor (in the United States) 911 immediately. Always seek the advice of your doctor before starting or changing treatment. Medical professionals who provide responses to health-related questions are intended third party beneficiaries with certain rights under Zocdoc’s Terms of Service.