Is it normal to regain forgotten memories after hitting your head hard?

I hit my head really hard while leaping down a set of stairs one week ago, it started bleeding a lot but I don't >think< I got a concussion... However I am now experiencing something weird, I know that memory loss is usually associated with hitting your head but I am experiencing the opposite... I am suddenly remember strings of numbers from when I was really young, numbers I had completely forgot and even tried to remember in the past.. It's all from phonenumbers to keycodes etc etc. Is this worrying in any way? Seems really weird. I'm a 23 years old male, the numbers I started remembering are ranging from age 7-12
Very interesting question. First, if you ever have significant head trauma, it is important to seek medical attention. The effects of missing a brain trauma or the subsequent effects can be devastating. Usually, regaining memories is not associated with brain trauma, but similar sorts of events are certainly plausible. The concern is that this could be a sign that other parts of the brain have been injured that has caused exposure of these memories. Even though it has been some time already since your initial trauma, speaking with your doctor would be an important thing to do, especially if you are having other symptoms such as vision changes, headaches, or other changes to the way that you think or are behaving. The wiring in the brain is very complicated and changes in the circuitry can have far reaching effects. Speaking with your doctor can help to make sure that nothing serious has happened. In most cases, no further investigation is needed if you have suffered no obvious side effects or changes to who you are, but your doctor can readily assess and make the appropriate recommendations. Please speak with your doctor about this interesting symptom.

Other Neurologists