How can I cure an old flu?

sir i am in trouble because of flu virus. i have been visiting many my country doctor but still there no hope plz help what can i do and i can breath rapidly now a days
Influenza is the virus that causes "the flu" and is the culprit entity that your body needs to get rid of in order for you to feel better. While today we do have some medications that can reduce the length of time that you are sick when you do get the flu, in every case, the body needs to fight off the infection. Most people that get the flu develop symptoms of fever, myalgias, nausea, vomiting, among others. Shortest of breath is also possible, but this is not the rule. People that have shortness of breath and have been diagnosed with influenza should seek care at an emergency department immediately. It sounds like you fit this description. The reason is that influenza can sometimes result in a rapidly progressive pneumonia which will be treated with antibiotics. Another reason is that you can develop something called adult respiratory distress syndrome or ARDS which is a very serious and life-threatening disorder of the lungs that can occur because of the inflammation created by your body's immune system fighting off the virus. People that develop this problem can at times require the assistance of mechanical ventilation or life support. For these reasons, I would suggest that you report to an ED immediately.

• Dr. Gladys Martinez
    Dr. Gladys Martinez DO
    1001 NW 13th Street
    Boca Raton, FL 33486
  • Dr. Paul Leitner
    Dr. Paul Leitner MD
    8540 South Sepulveda Blvd
    Los Angeles, CA 90045
  • Dr. Brian Price
    Dr. Brian Price MD
    3607 Manor Rd
    Austin, TX 78723