I hit my head earlier. Is this bad?

I hit my head earlier. Now there's a lump with what appears to be a noticable vein sticking out. Should I be concerned?
Thanks for your question. As with all questions regarding trauma, if in doubt, it is best to discuss your question with your doctor. There are many variables that can help your doctor know whether or not you need to be seen after a specific trauma, and he or she will know what they need to do based on your past medical history as well as the other medications that you may be taking. For example, a relatively minor trauma can be life threatening to someone who is taking a blood thinner that would make them more prone to having bleeding inside of their head. For that reason, it is important to discuss this question with your doctor, as blood thinners are just one example of something that your doctor would understand and be able to discuss with you. For most people, with no past medical history or medications, there are some clues that can help. For example, loss of consciousness, changes to how your face looks or moves, changes in your ability to think or reason, bleeding, etc can be some reasons that you need to see a doctor urgently. Even without those, please speak with your doctor about this question.

• Dr. Camilo Rincon
    Dr. Camilo Rincon MD
    7824 Lake Underhill Road
    Orlando, FL 32822
  • Dr. Syed Mujeeb
    Dr. Syed Mujeeb MD
    411 W. Parker Rd
    Houston, TX 77091
  • Dr. Alex Bernstein
    Dr. Alex Bernstein MD
    3039 Ocean Parkway
    Brooklyn, NY 11235