I can feel a small separation underneath my belly button. I have no bulge, could this be a hernia?

I had umbilical hernia surgery 3 months ago for a small hernia i had developed on deployment. i had the mesh repair. I am not sore and would not have discovered this is i was not neurotic about developing another hernia. i power lift and found the separation after a heavy day of squatting. I am 6 foot 1 inch and weigh 200 lbs.
I would definitely get in to see your primary care doctor or your surgeon just to have this checked out and make sure that this is not a recurrence of the hernia. Although hernia repair surgery is usually very effective, there is always a risk that the hernia will recur. Your risk of having the hernia recur is also higher because of your routine of heavy weight lifting. The risk of recurrence would be highest in the first 1-2 months after the surgery, especially if you did not give yourself adequate healing time before returning to power lifting, but it could still happen at any point. Your doctor will be able to examine the area and should be able to determine whether there is a new hernia without the need for any additional testing, although sometimes an ultrasound of the area may be helpful if there is any doubt. Based on these findings, your doctor will be able to tell you whether or not it is safe to return to your weight lifting routine. In the meantime if you experience any sudden or severe abdominal pain or cramping in this area, this could be a sign of a strangulating hernia, and you should seek emergency medical attention.

Other Surgeons