ZocdocAnswersWhat could be causing sharp cramps in my vagina?

Question

What could be causing sharp cramps in my vagina?

The pain is like a pressure feeling I think I maybe pregnant also

Answer

I am sorry to hear that you are having vaginal pain. If you have any concern that you may be pregnant, especially if you have had unprotected sex, it is very important that you visit your doctor right away. Your doctor can determine from a quick urine test whether you are indeed pregnant. In addition, you will want to be tested for any sexually transmitted diseases that you may have acquired during unprotected intercourse. It is difficult to determine what may be the source of your vaginal cramping without visiting a doctor who can perform a thorough physical examination and review your medical history. Your doctor will also be able to ask more directed questions about the events leading to your vaginal pain which may provide clues as to its diagnosis. There are numerous sources of vaginal pain that include infections, which can include STDs and urinary tract infections, tumors within the uterus, or conditions such as endometriosis where tissue that only grows inside the uterus is found implanted on other organs outside of the uterus. It will also be necessary to determine when you are having this vaginal pain and whether it is linked to hormonal changes caused by your menstrual period. Please visit your Ob/Gyn who can help to better diagnose the cause of your symptoms.