ZocdocAnswersI have shoulder pain, breathing hurts and I feel pins and needles. What could be causing this?

Question

I have shoulder pain, breathing hurts and I feel pins and needles. What could be causing this?

I have a strong pain in the upper part of my right chest, it feels like a ball but is now causing me to wake with pins and needles in my fingers, my neck is stiffening and my shoulder is very sore and weak and clicks constantly, what could be causing this?? My doctor said I've pulled a muscle jn mg sleep but why would that effect my breathing

Answer

Thank you for your interesting question, and I am sorry to hear about your symptoms. In order to provide an accurate answer, I would need more information. I would need to review your entire medical history and also perform a thorough physical exam. You may also need additional testing. Only after collecting this information will it be possible to provide a diagnosis. Therefore, I strongly encourage you to schedule an appointment with a primary care doctor. The shoulder is a complex joint with many structures that can cause pain. Given the pain and clicking, you may be suffering from biceps tendinitis. Damage to the labrum, or cartilage lining the joint, can also cause pain and clicking. An injury to the rotator cuff, which is a group of four muscles controlling the joint, can also cause pain. You will need to discuss these possibilities with a primary care doctor. You mention that you are having difficulty breathing, which may or may not be related to your shoulder pain. Primary lung disease, such as asthma or emphysema, can cause shortness of breath. Cardiac issues, such as a myocardial infarction or congestive heart failure, can also cause similar symptoms. I encourage you to discuss these concerns with a primary care doctor.