I am having pain in my lower right abdomen. What is wrong with me?

2-3 days ago I got a slight pulling pain in my lower right side between my belly button and hip bone , it has been constant and is growing in intesity , today is the 3-4 day and it like someone is kneeling on my side and worsens if I move or lie down , I had diarhea on the first day , dont have any other symptoms just have soar throat on right tonsil for about 3 weeks but thats it , please help im worried now
Right-sided abdominal pain is a common complaint and can be caused by a variety of conditions. Often the pain will self-resolve, but if your pain is increasing in intensity over time, you should definitely see a doctor soon. When you go to your doctor's appointment, be prepared to discuss the following diagnoses. One cause of right lower quadrant pain is appendicitis. Pain from appendicitis often begins in the peri-umbilical area and then migrates to the right lower abdomen. The pain is often described as sharp and constant. Associated symptoms would be nausea, vomiting, anorexia, and fever. The treatment for appendicitis is to have your appendix surgically removed, so if your symptoms fit this description, you should go to an emergency room for evaluation. Another possible cause of your pain is mesenteric adenitis. This condition is more common in children than in adults, but it is essentially inflammation and swelling of the abdominal lymph nodes following a viral infection, such as the sore throat that you describe. The swelling of these glands can cause pain and tenderness as you describe, and can be associated with fever. There is no specific test to diagnose mesenteric adenitis, and it usually resolves on its own. However, more serious conditions such as appendicitis must be ruled out, so you should be evaluated by a physician. The fact that your pain is associated with diarrhea, means that it could also be caused by gastroenteritis or colitis. Inflammation of the colon can cause pain on either the right or the left side of the abdomen. Colitis can be viral or bacterial in origin, and treatment is often centered on supportive care with the possible addition of antibiotics. The cause of your pain cannot be diagnosed without your seeing a doctor. The fact that your pain has been worsening for days means that you may need further testing such as blood tests or imaging to rule out serious conditions. You should either make an appointment with your doctors">primary care doctor or go to an emergency department to be seen.

Nearby Surgeons

Other Surgeons