Make an appointment:
(i.e. Dermatologists)

I operated a hernia 12 years ago and now feel mild pain in my right testis. Should I visit a doctor?

hi, i have been operated on hernia on left side 12 years back when i was 19 yrs old.i never had any issue on left side. now i am 30 years old and yesterday i had some mild pain but in my right testis. since day before yesterday i did some exerciese in gym i thought some rest would help me but didnt get relief. pain is like my testis nerve is getting stretched. today also i have same mild pain in right testis. i cant say pain is severe but but its kinda stretching testis. please suggest right now its 2 at night should i visit doctor now?
Thank you very much for your question. I recommend that you make an appointment with your primary care physician, surgeon, or local health care center. As you likely know given that you have had a hernia repair, a hernia is a weakness or defect in the abdominal wall (this includes the groin) through which contents within your abdomen can protrude. This may include bowel or intra-abdominal fat. While many hernia repairs last for many years, it is not uncommon for hernias to recur. This happens because tissue surrounding the hernia repair may become weakened or attenuated over time and as you age. Furthermore, no hernia repair is as strong as the body would have been without a hernia. If you are now experiencing symptoms on the opposite side, this may be a new hernia. While you may be experiencing just a simple muscle strain from the exercise you did the gym, you may have experienced a hernia on the opposite side from your original repair. It is not possible to receive a diagnosis without being evaluated by a physician or qualified health professional. Therefore, I suggest that you make an appointment with your primary care physician, surgeon, or local health care center to undergo an examination. Your doctor will be better equipped to provide you with a diagnosis and potential management plan.
This answer is for general informational purposes only and is not a substitute for professional medical advice.
If you think you may have a medical emergency, call your doctor or (in the United States) 911 immediately. Always seek the advice of your doctor before starting or changing treatment. Medical professionals who provide responses to health-related questions are intended third party beneficiaries with certain rights under Zocdoc’s Terms of Service.

Other Surgeons