I woke up at 3AM with a heavy headache - is it due to migraines or do I have something else?

I'm suffering from migraine and i'm under treatment. before migraine my symptoms were 1. Frequent headache usually one sided that would continue for days together. nothing else, this is the only symptom by which my doc told me i'm suffering from migraine. and now i'm having this problem of waking up at 3AM with a painful head ache and vomiting sensation, is it due to migraine i have or its something else.
That is an excellent question, and one that is best answered by your primary care doctor or other medical professional. Based upon the limited history, it is difficult to know what is the cause of your headaches, but there are some common syndromes that can cause headaches that may be what you are suffering from. Remember, that only your primary care doctor can elucidate the cause of your headaches after conducting a thorough history and physical examination. There are several causes for headaches, with a variety of severity. There are tension headaches, migraines, dehydration headaches, as well as more severe causes of headache including bleeding in the brain (subarachnoid hemorrhage or intracerebral hemorrhage), and stroke. It is unclear what your age, gender or associated medical problems are so it cannot be deduced from your history and so it is best that you are evaluated by your primary care doctor or in an urgent setting to elucidate the cause of this heavy headache you have. Do you think this is the worst headache of your life? If that is the case, make sure to let your doctor know as this is another important finding that will help them diagnose these headaches.

Nearby Neurologists

Other Neurologists