Why does my head hurt?

I have sharp, stabbing pains that occurs in only one part of my head at a time at random. It only lasts for a few seconds at most as well. It feels like something is stabing into my brain, it makes me flinch and conpletely stop what im doing. It hasnt been much of a problem before but here lately its been steadily happening more often, at least 13 times a day as of now.
That is an excellent question and one that is best answered by your primary care doctor or other medical care provider, such as a neurologist. There are several causes of headache and it is difficult to know what is causing your headaches based upon the limited history provided, but your doctor will be able to better elucidate the cause of your headache based upon your history and physical examination. He or she may decide to perform further testing such as imaging studies or blood tests to find the cause of these headaches, and for this reason it is very important that you are evaluated soon for your headaches. In general, the causes of headaches are varied and beyond the scope of this discussion, but can be related to migraines, tension headaches, dehydration headaches, withdrawal from medications such as caffeine and a variety of less common but more serious headaches such as bleeding into the brain or mass lesions within the brain. Only your doctor can evaluate you and decide what the possible cause of these headaches are and based upon what he finds. will be able to decide how to treat these headaches.

• Dr. Pamela Amador
    Dr. Pamela Amador MD
    85 Grand Canal Dr
    Miami, FL 33144
  • Dr. Michael Hamrock
    Dr. Michael Hamrock MD
    822 Boylston Street
    Chestnut Hill, MA 02467
  • Dr. Robin Snead
    Dr. Robin Snead MD
    20303 Crawford Ave
    Olympia Fields, IL 60461