Is it normal for a period to last two weeks?

I had one on the 7th of Oct then it spotted for a few days then came back on on the 28th of Oct. It stayed on for two weeks and went off yesterday and back spotting again today. What can I do?
Please speak with your doctor about this question. While there can be some variation in what is normal from one patient to the next, the key point in your question is that this is not normal for you. When a woman has abnormal menstrual bleeding, it needs to be discussed with her doctor. This is because abnormal bleeding is often one of the first signs of serious other medical problems. These can come from a wide range of different reasons, but all of them usually need to have some physician involvement and an exam. Some common reasons for abnormal menstruation include changes to hormonal contraception methods, medications that thin your blood (even simple things such as ibuprofen or aspirin), and other medications. On the more serious side, there are tumors that can be either benign or malignant and require treatment to keep the bleeding from occurring in the future. There are other reasons as well for you to speak with your doctor, such as the fact that you may need to have your blood levels checked to make sure that you are not anemic. There are a large number of reasons for this, so please speak with your doctor about this.