Why are my orgasms so painful?

I am a 24yo female. I have been sexually active for 4 years and have never experienced this before a few months ago. Every time I have an orgasm I experience quite a bit of pain in my lower abdomen. It is a very sharp pain that spans the entirety of my lower pelvic area. It sometimes also moves into my back as well. This has been happening consistently for about 3 months now. Any help or advice would be greatly appreciated. I've made an appointment with my OB/GYN but she can't see me for another month.
Sorry to hear about this problem that you are describing. Speaking with your OB/GYN is a great first step. He or she will be able to fully examine you and hear more of your story to make sure that you are well. Please contact him or her more urgently if your symptoms increase in severity, change in quality, or seem to become worse or more concerning in any way so that he or she can direct you further or move your appointment up if needed. Most doctors will have a protocol in place to advise patients if something serious is happening before the patient is able to be seen, but that is dependent on you, the patient, sharing your new symptoms with your doctor. In the mean time, taking careful notes of what activities you do that can duplicate this pain or any other information could be valuable for your doctor. Please let him or know if anything changes or becomes worse before your visit, and please discuss this issue with your OB/GYN.