I had a cough few weeks ago and it still not gone. What is wrong with me?

I had a cold a few weeks ago still not fully gone but now I have a very bad cough
Thanks for your question, and I recommend that you speak with your doctor. A persistent cough is a common problem. First, it is important to make sure that you have recovered fully from the initial insult. In your case, it appears that you may have had an upper respiratory tract infection. In some cases, these can cause people to develop a bronchiolitis or pneumonia that requires further treatment. Usually there will be other symptoms in addition to a cough, such as feeling tired, run down, or having a fever. Once you know that you have fully recovered (and your doctor may need to do x-rays or other testing to help you confirm this), it is important to see if there are other causes of your cough. For example, are you taking any medications that can pre-dispose you to a chronic cough? ACE inhibitors are one common medication class that can result in a chronic, dry, cough, and sometimes have to be discontinued to help people get over their cough. Do not stop any medication without speaking with your doctor. Also, there are other things that can cause a cough, such as reflux or smoking, and these should be addressed. Finally, a cough can last several weeks, or become a reflex. Please speak with your doctor.