Why did my stomach feel like it was knotting up?

Last night before bed all of a sudden I felt really Nausea and sick and my stomach felt it was knotting up and I was in so much pain
There are a lot of different things that can cause these sorts of symptoms. The first question that needs to be answered is whether or not this might be an emergency and need immediate evaluation. There are several conditions that are "abdominal emergencies" -such as an inflammation of the appendix - that need to be checked out right away, and then there are lots of other conditions (such as a minor "stomach bug") that don't need immediate attention, although often should be checked out if possible by your regular doctors">primary care doctor. Signs that would be more concerning for an immediate emergency, would include ongoing severe abdominal pain, fever, intractable vomiting, or the inability to ingest liquids. If you are experiencing any of these symptoms, then it would be a good idea to seek attention as quickly as you can, either by scheduling an urgent care visit with your doctor or by going to the emergency room. If your symptoms, on the other hand, are mild or resolving, then simply putting a call in to your regular doctor's office to run through the symptoms with the office nurse would be a good solution. They will be able to help you figure out whether you need to be seen.

Other Gastroenterologists