How much treatment do I need for a dislocated shoulder and how long it would take to recover?

I've stopped going to the physio and it seems to be getting better by itself. Does this sound right?
I am sorry to hear about your shoulder injury. In order to provide an accurate recommendation on treatment, it is necessary to review your medical history, perform a physical exam, and review your imaging studies. Therefore, I recommend you schedule an appointment with an orthopedic surgeon. Shoulder dislocation, or subluxation, typically occurs when the force applied to the humerus, or upper arm bone, exceeds the resistive force of the glenohumeral joint, or shoulder joint. This joint consists of only a small, bony pocket lined in cartilage with multiple muscles and cartilage stabilizing the arm bone against it. In general, dislocation causes stretching and strain of the muscles and cartilage stabilizing the joint. A period of rest often helps them heal, and physical therapy also increases the strength and stability of the joint. The main concerns revolve around whether there was more serious damage to the joint. Dislocation can cause a small fracture of the shoulder joint. In addition, the cartilage lining the joint or the surface of the arm bone can become torn. Finally, you may have suffered an injury to the rotator cuff muscles that cannot fully heal on its own. Due to these concerns, I encourage you to see an orthopedist to determine the next appropriate course of action.

Other Orthopedic Surgeons