Can a cyst cause you to lose your hair and terrible headaches?

Well my mom has been having a terrible hair lost and she has also continued to get migranes
So sorry to hear about this problem. There are many different types of cysts, and so your question is quite difficult to answer. That's why it is important to speak with your doctor about this question. I will talk briefly about ovarian cysts, and think that you may be referring to ovarian cysts, as they can either be a sign or a symptom of some of the problems that you are referring to. When a woman has multiple ovarian cysts, it can be part of a group of symptoms that include obesity, hirsutism, and irregular menstruation. Polycystic ovarian syndrome is one common condition, and can be related to other medical conditions such as diabetes. All of these can certainly occur in someone who has a predisposition to migraines, and can perhaps make those symptoms worse as well. While it is hard to say that the cyst itself is the cause of the problem, they can certainly be part of the overall problem that you are describing, and are something that does need to be discussed with your doctor. In some serious cases, kidney function can be affected, which can affect blood pressure and thus lead directly to headaches such as you may be describing. Please speak with your doctor about this question for more information.

Other Endocrinologists