ZocdocAnswersCould I have a STD?

Question

Could I have a STD?

I have little white bumps under clit I just had a papsmear and it was fine could this be std? They do not hurt or inch

Answer

I suggest that you schedule an appointment with your OB/GYN. Generally speaking, little white bumps on your vaginal lips with no other symptoms such as burning or pain do not make me think specifically of a sexually transmitted infection. The only possibility that I can think of is HPV associated genital warts. The diagnosis of genital warts is made by a trained physician, usually an OB/GYN or primary care physician, who visualizes the lesions and makes a decision about what they are. Usually no other test is required. Genital warts are often flesh colored and are usually not describe the small white bumps. For this reason I have low suspicion that this is the case and you. However, this doesn't mean that you shouldn't be seen. I would suggest that you schedule an appointment with your OB/GYN. You probably need a pelvic exam and depending on your sexual history you may need further testing for other STDs. If you are concerned about STDs because of the recent sexual encounter, then you should probably be tested for chlamydia, gonorrhea, and additionally HIV. Your doctor might also test you for exposure to the herpes 1 (HSV - 1 and HSV - 2) viruses. If this does turn out to be HPV, these are treated with a cream or sometimes with cryogenic therapy.