What causes extreme sweating?

I am 68 years old and have no idea why i sweatso bad at the least thing i do. What could be the cause
I can understand how your symptoms may be troubling. It is important for you to schedule an appointment with a primary care physician to discuss your concerns, as it is not possible to provide an accurate diagnosis with a thorough, in-person evaluation. In general, your body sweats as a means to maintain a consistent core body temperature. Your skin secretes salt, which causes water to seep to the skin surface. As the water evaporates, it helps remove excess heat. Your body sweats more during periods of increased heat and metabolic activity, such as elevated ambient temperature and exercise. Some disease processes can lead to extreme sweating. If you have a recurring fever, which can occur due to an indolent infection, blood clot, or tumor, you may experience extreme sweating. Other metabolic disorders, such as hyperthyroidism, can cause abnormal sweating. Women often experience sweating and hot flashes during menopause, although 68 is typically much later than the average age of menopause. Obesity can cause excess sweating, as the body must work harder to maintain a normal temperature of the excess flesh. Other people sweat excessively without a clear pathologic reason. I encourage you to raise these possibilities with a primary care doctor.