ZocdocAnswers My head hurts when I try to move, what could be wrong with me?

Question

My head hurts when I try to move, what could be wrong with me?

Hay iwent to school I played soccer somebody hit me on the head I stared to feel dizzy then after 3 secounds i went back to play basketball then after basket ball iwent to eat lunch nothing happen then iwent home iate then iwent to play basketball on the park I came back home then my head starting to heart when I even try to touch my left side of the head and still hurts know I slept then iwake up and its still hurts please respond as fast as you can i may die

Answer

Sorry to hear about your problem and hope that you are well. In this day and age, there has been quite a bit made about head injuries, as you have likely heard from the various lawsuits that are ongoing with regards to the various sports leagues around the country. Perhaps for that reason, these sorts of injuries are now finally getting the attention that they deserve. They should be treated cautiously both for the immediate and the long term risks that are associated with them. So it is important to be evaluated by a doctor. In some cases, these injuries can cause swelling inside of the brain that can be life threatening. Over the long term, multiple injuries of this sort have been found to be associated with dementia that can have an early onset and affect overall quality of life and even survival. As for what could be causing your current symptoms, it is important to have them evaluated by a doctor to see if there is anything urgent that needs to be addressed. He or she may also be able to evaluate if you have suffered a concussion. You may need to be cleared before you can return to activity. Please speak with your doctor soon about your question.