Why do I feel sick?

I'm 20 years old, I'm in college, I have no interest in sex right now but I do have my first boyfriend who lives 3 states away from my college. Lately, I've been feeling sick after I eat, after I workout and sometimes after I wake up. I've been dealing with some stress with my classes that causes me to lose lack of sleep so I started taking sleeping pills. I do not smoke nor drink. I don't know why but this sickness just hits me out of nowhere and I throw up. I can't think about food or my feelings without getting sick. Please help!
That is an excellent question and one that is best answered by your primary care doctor or other medical care provider. Based upon the limited information provided, it is difficult to know the exact cause of your symptoms, but here are some general causes of symptoms similar to the ones you describe. Your doctor will be able to better evaluate your specific symptoms, medical history, and physical examination and decide upon whether further testing or diagnostic studies are required and so it is important that you see him or her soon regarding your questions. In general, it may be that you have some component of depression that is causing these symptoms you are describing, this can lead to difficulty sleeping, lack of appetite, difficulty thinking about feelings, and lack of interest in sex. IF this is the case, your doctor may prescribe a medication to help with your depression and this can oftentimes be very helpful. Other causes for these symptoms include thyroid dysfunction, medication side effects (such as side effects from the sleeping medications you are taking), or pregnancy (these symptoms can sometimes be the first signs of pregnancy). For this reason, it is important that you are evaluated by a medical professional as soon as you can.

• Dr. Danilo Hoyumpa
    Dr. Danilo Hoyumpa MD
    13919 Nacogdoches Rd
    San Antonio, TX 78217
  • Dr. Martin Molina
    Dr. Martin Molina MD
    13919 Nacogdoches Rd
    San Antonio, TX 78217
  • Dr. Brian Price
    Dr. Brian Price MD
    3607 Manor Rd
    Austin, TX 78723