Could I have an ear infection?

I have a pretty nasty sinus cold it's been going on for a few days now. My ear feels blocked and itchy in the bottom portion of my ear canal and same side gland in my throat.
I am sorry to hear that you have a cold, and that you are worried that you may have an ear infection because your ear has become blocked, and the canal it itchy. I am happy to give you some of my initial thoughts, and my opinion about what might be going on, but ultimately I am going to recommend that you make an appointment to be evaluated by an ENT (Ear Nose Throat) physician to get evaluated. They are well equipped to diagnose and manage ear problems. It is not uncommon to have lymph node swelling in your neck if you currently (or recently) have a cold. Viral infections cause inflammation in your nose and sinuses, and this can cause obstruction of the normal flow of mucous (causing a back-up that can potentially lead to a sinus infection), and impairment of the normal function of other structures in your nose. For instance, there is something called the eustachian tube which travels from the back of your nose to your middle ear to bring air into your ear. With a viral infection, if the swelling in the back of your nose is bad enough, it can cause eustachian tube dysfunction and air is not able to flow to your middle ear, which slowly causes negative pressure in your ear (this can feel like it is blocked). the ENT should be able to examine you and tell you if in fact this is what they think might be going on.